Sunday, May 1, 2016

Scrappy and Happy on Sunday

 I have been out of town or scheduled solid for the last three weekends!  Crazy!  I need weekends to unwind and relax.  To sew!  Without that break from the busy school week, I tend to go a little bonkers.  That's where I am now, between bonkers and frazzled.  This was finally a weekend without any trips out of town or huge events to plan.  So first on the list was starting to get caught up on the column along.  The butterflies are done, but not sewn together yet, and most of the orange blocks are partially assembled.  Now on the the flying geese for May!  I still need to finish up the PDF files, but at least the links on the Sampler tab are up to date.
 Anna wants me to finish this shower curtain first though.  I was supposed to make it when I painted the girls bathroom.  I think that was two summers ago?  Bad Mom!  I will need more of the blue though, I remember using up most of it to finish off Hawaii Sunset.  So worth it though.
It only took half an hour to trim out the blocks for the t-shirt quilt.  The lattice fabric just came out of the dryer, so cutting that out shouldn't take too long.  We are all in the midst of mad cleaning now.  Kurt has invited all of his new work people over for a party on Thursday.  At least it is Thursday though, so I will still have a weekend to play when it is done.
I am linking up with Quilting is More Fun than Housework for Oh Scrap.  Head over to check out more scraphappiness.  

9 comments:

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Love your columns--the blues are my favorite! I would need a two week notice to clean up my house for company--lol!--hope you get time to stitch!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow! You made quick work of those T-Quilt squares!! Maybe I should start asking people to apply the stabilizer, too...

Magpie Sue said...

You've had such a busy April I really hope you get some down time (in a good way) this week and this month!

Deb A said...

Well, the girls could have sewn up that curtain if they really, really wanted it =) Looks like you are getting some much needed sewing and relaxing time... despite the cleaning efforts for the party later this week. Just think... school will be done soon and hopefully you have blocked off some slow down time for sewing.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I always look forward to a new column blocks. It won's take you long to catch back up with your blocks. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

margaret said...

a lovely collection of blocks you have there

Delighted Hands said...

Here's to milder schedule for May as far as weekends go!

Kate said...

Glad to see you got some good stitching time in last weekend. Hopefully you've been able to sneak in a little more and reduce the frazzle a bit more.

Laura said...

What is the color for May? I'm not sure where to find it. Thanks!