Monday, September 7, 2015

Home Again and Ready for a Nap

We were in Hilton Head this weekend to visit with family.  After all the recent travel I wanted nothing more than to stay home, but it didn't quite work out that way.  I was worried that it would be super crowded on the holiday weekend, but it didn't seem that way at all.  We had a nice time visiting with Kurt's parent's and siblings.  We each had our own condos, so there was an occasional break from the chaos.  Most of the time though it was lots of good loud family fun.  Many card games, a few trips to the beach and plenty of time to catch up on what everyone has been up to.  After this it will be Thanksgiving before we will be able to see everyone again.
I did take along my orange peels, but did not get many stitches taken.  I think it was last weekend that I worked on my nine patches.  It looks like there are 12 ready to go in orange.  Slowly but surely this quilt will come together.  As busy as it has been in the transition back to school I will remain grateful for whatever small snatches of sewing time I can steal away.  

6 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

It's always great to see family but staying home for a time is equally good. Happy to hear you had safe travels. Hopefully you'll be able to carve some stitching time out during the week.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I understand completely about stealing snatches of time to sew. You have done well with those 9-Patch blocks!

Cathy said...

Glad you had fun on your little vacation, but girl, you need some serious R and R!! Love your orange blocks!

Delighted Hands said...

Nothing like family time!

Teresa in Music City said...

At least you had a beautiful place to go if you had to be away from home :*) It sounds like you had a great time. Family is so lovely, but so is time at home to do the things we love - like stitching! I've got 3 trips scheduled in the next six weeks, and I think I'll be feeling just like you when I finally get home in early November!

Kate said...

Sounds both fun and exhausting. Hopefully you'll get some time to recharge next weekend.