Wednesday, June 3, 2015

And So Begins Summer

 Yesterday was post planning, and so I went in to finish off grades and polish off the last of my checklist.  When I got home, I started sewing tiny little nine patches.  Now that I have a shoe box full of nine patches, I am ready to start turning them into bigger blocks.
Most of them will go together with two inch squares to make slightly larger nine patches.  The rest will be the center of these little churn dash blocks.

I had a meeting with the Costa Rica Team first thing this morning.  On the way home again I had to stop for this Sandhill Crane family walking down the street bobbing their little heads in unison.  Now that I am home again, I think that  I will cut out some more parts and make a few more blocks.  Then I will clean the house a bit and do a bit of laundry.  And so begin the lazy days of summer.  Well, maybe not lazy, but definitely summer.  It will be a short summer this year as they shift back to an earlier start date, and with several trips on the horizon, I plan to enjoy every minute of home time.  Starting right now.


10 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a treat to see the cranes! Have a great summer!

Deb A said...

Welcome to summer! Are you starting back the 17th or the 10th? We are the 17th this year. Enjoy your sewing time - the little churn dashes look great.... reminds me I need to finish off my churn dash top.

Delighted Hands said...

Ah, summer; stretching like a blank canvas just waiting for the artist's touch! You have a nice pile of possibilities already!!!

scraphappy said...

After much debate, we are the 12th this year, which means a short summer, but so much preferable to the 24th which was the original plan.

Jo said...

It might be the start of summer there but it is winter here. The coldest start to winter in 66 years. Oh boy it's cold

Jeanne said...

The nine patches are looking great! Love the crane family, too.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh those birds are just TOO funny!

Terri said...

The cranes! LOL
Thanks for sharing that picture. And welcome back to the land of the piecers and quilters.
Hugs

Kate said...

I really like those churn dash blocks. Enjoy as many lazy summer days as you can. Happy stitching.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your churn dash's are a great way to showcase those 9 patches! Love it!