Saturday, November 22, 2014

Tiny Bits of Blue

 I haven't gotten much done on my baby blues.   They are ironed now.   Just a few more bits to sew together though and I'll have enough giant postage stamp blocks for a quilt.
 Not a lot of sewing time lately though.  We had company last weekend.  Kurt's parents visited on the way home from a cruise.  We'll see them again next week for Thanksgiving.
The kids had another weight lifting match.  They both improved since the last match, so that was lots of fun.  Today is Lego Robotics.  It is nearby, which is good because it is also the middle school play.  Ryan will have to leave early because he is the prince in the first show and the frog in the second show.
On Sunday a friend from work is coming over to quilt a top on my frame.  She used to quilt years ago, but has just started to work part time and has taken it up again.  I've been helping her out a bit which has been lots of fun.
Just three days of work this week, with Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving.  We've had Wednesday off in the past, but the schedule has changed.  Lots of people are slow to change with the times though, and I think Wednesday will have small classes for sure.
I got a package in the mail this week from Vicki Welsh!  It has all of the fabrics for the giveaways and quilt along for next years Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  They are gorgeous!  Next year the fabric each month will be a gradient of the colors of the month, she will also have them for sale, just in case you don't win.  I'm working on a quilt designed around those fabrics and will post directions each month for anyone who would like to sew along with me.
How are all of your blues coming along so far?  I'm getting pretty anxious to finish off this years quilts so that I can start on the new ones without quilt guilt.
Use the linky below to share your progress with us all.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooops! I posted on the "wrong" post (15 nov) Hope it´s ok if I post it one more time. Now on the right post?? !!
Gun, Sweden

make.share.give said...

The prince AND the frog? How versatile :)

Julie in GA said...

I can't wait to see what you and Vicki are planning for next year!
Your giant postage stamp blocks are looking wonderful together.

Deb A said...

Sounds like you have something up your sleeve for next year! Blue blocks are looking good. Maybe you'll find a few minutes to sew today. Have a good weekend.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

You all are so busy! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Kate said...

Lots going on with your crew. Final Science Fair forms have to be turned in next week, so Drama Teen has a bit of research to do this weekend.

Quilter Kathy said...

So excited that plans are in the works for next year already!!

Ellen said...

My goodness, you are so busy it is no wonder you don't have a lot of time to sew!! Hopefully, you will have time today to finish up your baby blues.

Kathy S. said...

What fun the in the weight lifting contests! Congrats on the continuous improvement. The Lego Robotics sounds like something my son would love. Have a great weekend.

Edith said...

My goodness Angela, so many things happening here, you are a busy lady and I am very thankful for The Rainbow Scrap Challenge, it keeps me motivated and inspired. Thank you.

Karen said...

I haven't had a very good rainbow year. I hope next year I will do a better job with my rainbow challenge. I look forward to seeing what you are planning for next year. Thanks for keeping me inspired.

Jo said...

Oh my.... I haven't done anything with my scraps for ages. I have stopped my swaps so hopefully I can have more me tine next year. Can't wait to see what you gave planned. Hopefully my life has settled a bit more so I can sew more but family does come first

Teresa in Music City said...

Sounds like a busy week even though you'll have some time off. Kids sure do add to the schedule, don't they? And it's so nice to have family visit for a while! I'm loving my RSC projects as they round the home stretch and get closer to finishes! Already looking forward to next year :)

Mystic Quilter said...

Wish I had your energy! Good to keep busy though.
Happy Thanksgiving! Looking forward to (hopefully) RSC2015