Saturday, March 1, 2014

ScrapHappy Saturday - Aqua and Teal have Arrived

Welcome to a new month of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I hope you got lots done in pink and are ready to move on to a new color.  As you can probably tell from the change in decor on the blog, March will be all about teal and aqua.  Any shade that isn't' quite blue and isn't quite green will work beautifully this month.
Before getting started on a new month though there is a bit of business from last month.   Each month Vicki Welsh at field trips in fiber provides us with a lovely collection of her hand dyed fabric to give away to a lucky RSC participant.  Based on a random drawing from the 53 comments on last weeks post, the lucky winner is Nancie from Nanice's TN Quilts.  Congtratulations Nancie.  Please send me your snail mail address so I can send you your prize.
Now it is time to start moving on.  Feel free to continue to post the finishings of your pinks if you need to.  I made a block a couple of weeks ago and never posted as I was having trouble with the directions.  I finally hit post yesterday, but is showed up on February 20th when I started the post.  I did update the links on the RSC Challenge page to make it easier to find.  February is a short month and it caught me by surprise that it was over already.  But start to think about packing it all up and making a fresh start with the cool relaxing colors of the sea.  Hopefully they will give us all a little bit of cheer as winter keeps going for so many.  I'm off to another math contest in Orlando this morning, but I've cleared out Sunday for some serious sewing time.  There are still two quilts on my must do list, but I'll be sure to work some teal squares in between the lines of those.



21 comments:

Marly said...

Thanks for providing all those block patterns in February, Angela. I am having a whale of a time.

Deb A said...

Hey - we'll be in the same city today! Good luck at the Math competition. I'll be trying to survive a day at Disney with just me and the kids. Hopefully my brother's family can meet up and help me out a bit.

Sally Trude said...

This challenge is so much fun. It's wonderful to watch everyone's progress.

Sewing In CT said...

Thanks for the 2/20 post tip. I scrolled back and found it. I didn't know how that handle was done! Thank you.

Kat Scribner said...

I made long work of pulling the fabric pieces and quick work of making up kaleidoscopes. Happy March...I wait for the snow to melt.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Congrats to Nancie and I'm enjoy teal!

Needled Mom said...

I am so excited about this month's color. I love teals.

Kathy S. said...

Love where you got the inspiration for the color of the month. That would be soooo nice after this long winter.

Quilter Kathy said...

I could get lost in all these wonderful links... so fun!

Nancie said...

So excited to have won a lovely collection of Vicki Welsh's hand dyed fabric. Looking forward to working with my teal and aqua fabrics.

Cathy Tomm said...

Off to go sew maybe I will get to some teals. I have to quilt a quilt too.

Kate said...

Hope the math competition went well. Happy stitching tomorrow.

Katie Z. said...

Thank you for picking my favorite color! I'm have lots of fun revisiting old projects through the scraps that remain.

Jannette said...

What a great colour choice! I've got lots of scraps and partial FQ pieces, so I pulled together my 2 Japanese x and + blocks today - and I think they're pretty stunning!

sophie said...

The weather outside is pretty ugly (though ti does come with some much needed rain), so I pulled out my scraps (again) and made more blocks ... I hope it's OK to link twice (to two different posts/projects).

Linda said...

I didn't realize I had any of this color! I am caught up on the colors now but now to get busy with the challenge blocks. I'm trying to find more time to sew and these will help me use up my stash.

Edith said...

I was lucky to finally get in this month, I happened to have some aqua scraps cut and ready to go. Your little bits are looking inviting.

Andee said...

I got my first aqua block done and posted, but thinking I am going to do a different pink basket block, that handle looks like I might regret it, lol!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Goodness a LOT of people got started on teal.... I had to go dig to find my teal *ish* colors. Love this one!

Unknown said...

Just run out of time on the weekend to get my post up. I really enjoy lookin at evreyones projects. Ready to move on to teal. Will really have to do some digging to find some don't think I have very much.

Nancie said...

Angela,
My prize arrived this afternoon. The Color Wheel fabrics from Vicky Welsh are gorgeous. I plan to use some of the teal in my March quilt.
In all these years, I've never made a color wheel, so I will be making one of those using her fabrics.
Thank you again for all your encouragement.