Monday, January 20, 2014

Sewing Today

I had a bit of time today after piano lessons and before the dentist to sew a bit.  Taking the nine patches that have been leaders and enders this month, I added a neutral border and some blue cornerstones.  These will be part of a Mai Tai quilt -- eventually.  The alternate star blocks are started, but will have to wait for another day.
It was nice to have a holiday today, but I am already starting to regret all the school work I didn't get done.  Every weekend I make a list of things I should get done, and every time I end up putting it off in favor of other things.  But with an extra day, my teeth are shiny clean and the laundry is all caught up.  So with a deep breath, the cycle will start again.

6 comments:

Barb said...

It is always nice to get some sew time in....it is amazing what one can do with leaders and enders!

Melinda said...

We should definitely have a 3 day weekend every week. I made those blocks many years back in scrappy. Get user of scraps.

Quilting By Celia said...

I am the same I make lists and stick to them but sometimes I over doit but in the end I achieve quite a lot.

Cinder Gal said...

You must have a lot of blue scraps! You've been putting out pieces with blue scraps all month. Love the blocks, they look good even without the star blocks.

Ellen said...

Glad to see that you were able to get some sewing in.

Lists are lovely but only when you get to cross items off.

Kate said...

Glad you got some time to sew, even with a day off, it's hard to fit it all in. Congrats on getting caught up on laundry, that seems to be a never ending battle at our house.