Friday, June 21, 2013

Number 4

 Once a quilt is loaded on the frame it is pretty easy to pop into the quilting room and finish off a quick row between other activities.  I got one done before morning carpool and then finished off the last few when we got home.  Then it was a quick trip to the library to pick up a book for summer reading.  Now we are home with snacks for a movie and ready to spend some time relaxing.  I think I'll sew some binding while we watch Ice Age 4.
 Here is a closeup of the quilting.  A square meander works just like a normal meander, but instead of being curvy, all of the lines are straight.
The quilting lines are all horizontal or vertical, and all the angles are 90 degrees.  

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Wow...that was quick and your quilting looks so nice.

Kath said...

"the quilting room"

sounds like my dream come true :-D

Amy said...

EXCELLENT! I love the greens!!!!!!
Now you're one ahead of me :) Lol.

Terri said...

Sounds like the square meander could be done on my home machine with a walking foot. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs

Kate said...

The quilting looks great. Enjoy your movie night.