Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Missing in Action

If it seems that I have been absent from my blog lately, it is because life got in the way. The only reason that Dear Jane blocks are popping up is that they were finished long ago. The end of the year rush is in full swing at school. With three full weeks left in the year, we have already taken the end of course exam and covered all the required curriculum for AP. Those both needed weekend review sessions which left me ready for the weekend on Tuesday. Last week I flew up to Atlanta to visit with Mom and was able to go with her to meet with the oncologist. It was the second time I had missed school in two weeks which is never a popular choice when exams are near. So if it seems that I am noticeably absent from my own challenge, bear with me for just a bit longer while I dig myself out and search for the light at the end of the tunnel.

7 comments:

Angie said...

No worries - you are missed, but we all know life gets in the way sometimes. Take care of yourself and your loved ones!

Ellen said...

I agree that you are missed but once things settle down you will be back and we will be waiting for you!

I hope all is well with your Mom and that you had a nice visit.

Julierose said...

No problem--just do what you have to do and we can all "get our blues on" I'm sure...Hugs Julierose

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

Life always trump blogging...and sewing! Have a great finish to the school year!

Teresa in Music City said...

I'm so sorry girlfriend! Life gets in the way for all of us sometimes, but it's especially hard when a parent is sick! I'll keep you and your mom in my prayers. Take the time you need for your family and your work! I just recently had a two-week break myself. Sometimes we just have to set priorities.

Lynne said...

Hey, life gets in the way for all of us at some time or other. We'll be here when you get back (or t least I will!)!

Amy said...

Is it sad to admit that I hadn't been able to notice that you've been missing-in-action because I too have been missing in action?!?!? Good golly...

This weekend, I hope to dig myself out and find some quilting time and "me" time, JUST as it seems you are attempting to do.

Summer is edging closer; days of relaxation; less stress; more time for "us" and family...

....it's crazy how the end of the school year sneaks up every year.