Sunday, April 14, 2013

Slowdown Sunday - Recovery

 These days, by the time Sunday rolls around, I have a little stack of Dear Jane blocks in need of applique bits and pieces.  I got tired of triangles yesterday and started working on a few of the yellow blocks from near the center of the quilt.
 Mostly though, yesterday was a kid day.  Sydney had a Girl Scout bowling party.  Anna wanted to come along with us because Ryan was at a Paintball birthday party.
Anna's event was a Lacrosse game.  Her team won!  They don't do that much, so she was pretty excited.  She stopped several balls from going into the goal and then got to spend time running around on defense.
A little quiet stitching sounds like a nice way to spend today.  I might need to carry it along to Ryan's football game, but the nice thing about applique blocks is that they are nicely portable.  Head over to Kathy's blog to enjoy other people's slow handwork and slow stitching.  

6 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats to Anne and her team on their win. We did volleyball all day yesterday and unfortunately they didn't do that well, but DT had fun anyway.

Enjoy your slow stitching day.

Deb A said...

Sounds like everyone had a fun day yesterday. Congrats to Anna on her win. Sunday's are a good day to sit back and relax before the new week begins.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a great photo of your stitching waiting for you! Do you use silk thread for your hand stitching?
Enjoy!
Thanks for linking up!

sophie said...

Watching you quickly make all those Dear Jane blocks inspires me to start one of my own. You make it seem completely do-able ;-)

Teresa in Music City said...

I love having applique pieces ready for attention when I have to be somewhere :*)

audrey said...

I don't even remember what I did before I carried my hand work with me. Read maybe? Love the yellow block with the curved seams!