Friday, August 3, 2012

Olympic Binding Marathon #4

 Being back at work is seriously cutting into my sewing time!  Even if time remains at the end of the day, energy can be hard to summon.  Sitting on the couch to sew some binding before nodding off during the Olympics has been just about right for the last few evenings. 
This quilt was based on Bonnie Hunter's Little Monkey Pattern.  The blocks were all from the strip bins, with a bit of fabric added for lattice strips, border and binding. The middle is quilted with a small meander while the border has square spirals.  I had fun with the edges this time, saving them for the end and then just rolling the quilt backwards and then forwards again, while quilting all around the border.  It is a new baby gift for my mom's husband's daughter's new baby.  Mom just got home from the hospital this afternoon after the reconstruction surgery following her mastectomy last year.
Tomorrow is the first ScrapHappy Saturday of the new month.  Most people have surmised that turquoise is the new color of the month.  Look for anything on the greenish side of the blue bin, or if that won't work, try light blue as a substitute.  For most people, blue is just too big to polish off in a single month.  If you need to, just keep working of your blue bin to whittle it down a bit.  Look for Mr. Linky in the morning so we can all find some inspiration in the new month. 

7 comments:

Cyn said...

Pretty quilt. It is amazing to me how much you always get done!

Amy said...

Excellent finish Angela! In record time too :) Your back-to-school comments are starting to give me anxiety, but maybe I can work through all of that before I actually need to head back.
Happy Weekend.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great little quilt and so fast to get it done. More blue or turquoise, I have a tone of it.

Amanda said...

I love the colours in this quilt. Best of luck for your return to school. Our teachers and children have another four weeks or so of holiday before they head back. Mind you they didn't break up until the last week of July.

Margaret said...

Lovin' the Churn Dash variation you have going in this one -- some blocks give an optical illusion of sorts. Makes me smile!

Ellen said...

Adorable quilt - I love it with the green you have chosen - perfect! I know what you mean about not having any energy at the end of the work day. I always have so many quilting plans for the day and then once I get home and take care of what 'needs' to be done, I often just don't have anything left in the tank!

Kate said...

Congrats on another finish! Love the bright greens in this one.