Saturday, June 25, 2011

Back to the Bs

I got home last night after a LONG wet ride across the state of Florida.  We've been in a bit of a drought, so it is nice to have the rain, but it made for slow going on the road.  The rain followed me home, which made it a great day to take the kids to see a movie. 
It was a great week at the AP Bio workshop, I'm full of lots of new ideas that just need to be processed and implemented.  It was nice to get away for a few days, but it is always so good to get back home again.  I took the Elm Creek Quilt along for hand quilting and it is getting SO CLOSE to being done.  I am on the last block, so all that remains are the borders.  With several long car trips on the schedule, I think it will be finished soon enough.  I am pondering a basket applique project as my next carry along, I know I saw a cute one on somebodies blog recently. 
This afternoon I pulled out the next quilt on the list in need of borders, backing and binding.  Starlight is now ready for the frame. I think I'll do free hand stars on this for obvious reasons.  I was thinking about white thread, but that would stand out a lot on that green border, maybe lime green? 
Sydney has two friends over for a sleepover, though there isn't any sleeping yet.  Maybe they will all sleep in tomorrow?  Well, maybe not.

3 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Hi
May I have my five penneth worth? I think a light bright blue would look good for quilting thread. It would look good across the white areas and kinda peacock colour combo on the border. I can remember my Mother used to say "Blue and green should never be seen, unless there's something in between". The person who said that never saw a peacock!
Cheers
Linda

Taupo NZ

Amy said...

Welcome home!

~Niki~ said...

i am finally starting to chip away at the UFO's. Feels good. Nice quilt! love the saying.