Sunday, May 22, 2011

Last Weekend of the School Year


This is Midget Block 42.  I've been putting it off because I don't think it is particularly attractive.  It has 36 pieces with sadly mismatched points and was paper pieced.  Thankfully it also has pitifully bad contrast, so I'm sure it won't be horribly noticeable in the end. 
It is called Whirlwind.  Glad to cross it off the list.  I spent some time this afternoon tidying in the sewing room and catching up on ironing and sorting of leftovers. 
Most of the weekend was spent hanging out in the garage.  Ryan is building an air cannon with Kurt and the girls are working on an old model train kit.  I've also been chipping away at painting the dollhouse.  Sydney has moved her furniture in and is anxious to have it done. 
I made some covers for the student sinks in my new classroom, apparently they like to throw garbage in them.  I also made some cubby covers with the extra wood.  Rumor has it that they like to hide their phones in there while texting during class.  Tomorrow is the last day of school and Thursday is scheduled for painting. 
Friday was Sydney's sleepover party.  Those pictures are on the other camera though, so I'll save it for another post.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Well, I agree, this isn't my favourite of the blocks, but at least it's used up some of your pink! I hope the last week goes easily.

Amy said...

darn those students, huh??? Yup....caught a few this past week (one students two days in a row!) with phones and ipods. tsk-tsk! They know better; I dont even bat and eye anymore when I take 'em away.

Wow....last week. Insane that my mind hasn't quite accepted that summer is almost here. Truly. My mental "blah" for this year's end is so strangely weird. I can't describe it.

Anyway---enjoy your last days!!!! :0) And happy Almost Summer :0)

april said...

Well, that block sure has the right name - it sure is a "whirlwind". I think you did an admirable job! And, of my goodness, you have your hands full at school. Must feel like that whirlwind some days, huh? Yes, it's almost summer break!

Candace said...

It's amazing like all your little blocks. I still am so impressed with the patience and care that they must take.