Friday, May 6, 2011

In the Pink



I used some nine patches left over from the Bonnie Hunter mystery Double Delight quilt.  I've been a little bit carried away with nine patches lately and have a big stack waiting to turn into something fabulous.  These little guys are just alternated with some plain background squares. I am so happy to FINALLY get a jump on Scraphappy Saturday! 
Things at school are on a definite downward slope.  The AP Biology exam is on Monday and at that point it will be about wrapping things up.  I'll be moving rooms again, so I've been busy getting things packed up and organized again. Fortunately I didn't exactly settle in to my new room when I changed schools so it shouldn't be too difficult to move everything.  I'd like to do a little decorating in the new room though, it isn't quite as nice and new as the room I'm in now. 
Today was Sydney's class field trip to the zoo. Kurt volunteered to chaperone. Yesterday was Anna's 5th grade trip to Sea World and he was a chaperone for that as well. I guess he is all volunteered out for a while. Ryan's 4th grade trip is Monday, but he didn't really want any of us to come along.
This weekend is the Mother's day recital for Anna's theater on ice.  She is also trying out for a play.  That may be all for the weekend.  Football is over, OM has ended, Girl Scouts are wrapping up.... wow, thing might settle down into a peaceful pattern for a while.  I wouldn't mind spending a little time at home for a change.  

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Our children still have a couple of months to go before they wind down for the summer holidays, I think they break up around the 22nd July. Your nine-patch quilt looks good, very simple and classical. Have a good weekend.

Scrappy quilter said...

What a fun quilt. I love the simplicity of nine patches. Hugs

Angela said...

Your pink quilt is looking so pretty

Finn said...

I'm delighted with your re-purposed pink 9 patches. It seems like a perfect solution to me!! They were made,they get used and someone gets to enjoy the quilt...perfect! I'm doing another simple block this month, and having a ball doing it. Thanks again for hosting such a marvelous, creative challenge. Hugs, Finn
Enjoy the downtime as it comes!!

make.share.give said...

I asked my son (5th grade) if he wants me to go on their field trip next Friday, and he said, "No, just me and Mrs. Lisa." She has been his personal aide since first grade and we just found out that she WILL be moving on to middle school with him. Such an answered prayer! It only hurt my feelings a little not to be invited on the trip though. Just part of growing up?

Elke said...

Your nine patches quilt looks very nice. I like your fabrics.

Ellen said...

I think it is just great that you are finally getting some quality quilting time. Your nine patches will make a wonderful classic quilt.

Candace said...

Very cute quilt. Nine patches are not the fanciest blocks, but they sure are cute and versatile.