Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Return of Before and After


Knowing that I always forget to take "before" pictures, I went around the house a few weeks ago and got pictures of every explosion of messiness that existed in the house. Now I just have to systematically go through and tame each of them, one at a time. Today was the closet in the master bedroom. It doesn't always look this scary. I think this particular crisis followed our own summer vacation and a couple of business trips along with some company who needed extra linnens. Frightening isn't it?
We had the carpet man coming today and it didn't seem fare to make him wade through all of that to get measurements. We decided that the organizers should come out so the carpet can go under, so I'll be trying to get rid of even more before the installation gets scheduled. Goodwill is coming for a pickup next week and they are going to find lots of fun stuff to take away. I have yet to tackle Kurt's side of the closet, but at least my half looks much better.
I didn't get a chance to make any midget blocks today. I measured the blocks I had already made and realized that all of the paper pieced patterns were coming out 3/8 of an inch too big. I'll have to mess around with my printer and see if I can get it just right before I get carried away again.
My mom is coming to visit for the weekend so I really need to pick up all of the sewing stuff so that my studio can look like more of a guest bedroom. She doesn't mind at all, but it a good reason to clean everything up.

4 comments:

Amy said...

woo-weee....quite an improvement! {{but really now...where did you hide all the clutter? Just behind the camera??}}

;0)

Amy said...

;0)
nah......
I also understand about not tackling the "other side" yet; I usually get yelled at because he can't find anything, which doesn't make any sense because I wash/dry/fold AND put away his clothes in the SAME spots......MEN!

And wooo-hooooo to you slowing down on the Midgets. Yeah---mine will be sitting for a bit now :0( School hecticity is beginning.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

That's too bad about no sewing for a couple of days. Good luck! ;)

The closet is looking good!!

Amanda said...

Wow, that really is a difference. I think you're either brave or completely mad to contemplate doing 'the other half'. There's no way I'm going near my husbands cupboards and drawers, I think there are things lurking in there that I don't want to know about.