Monday, June 21, 2010

Too Much Stuff


One of the projects for the summer is to get new carpet. Kurt wants hardwood on the stairs, so we are going to have the downstairs done first. There are only two carpeted rooms left downstairs, meaning new carpet shouldn't be that big of a deal, right?
I wanted to use the new carpet as motivation to get the study organized and set up now that the new frame and machine are taking up a big corner of the room. I can't believe all of this stuff was in the study! It didn't seem like that much at the time, but WOW, it seems like a lot when I look at it all spewed out like that. Now, next step, figure out what it is and where it should go. I'm guessing a lot of it needs to go live with someone else. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it.

3 comments:

Janet said...

I was just thinking to myself this afternoon in our bedroom. Where does all this "stuff" come from? How do we get so much stuff? I need to do something about all this stuff. I'm not a "hoarder", but I too often keep stuff, because we might need it. So maybe some of my stuff needs to go live with your stuff with someone else. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it. Luck to you! :)

Amy said...

Ummm...yeah....and when you're done there, there are a few rooms in a Northern Wisconsin house that will hire you out.......

Amanda said...

Are you a 'thrower' or a hoarder? We have far too many things in our house too, but every time I try to throw anything away Christopher decides to keep it, so I have to be sneaky and get rid of things when he's not around. He never seems to notice though!