Monday, June 21, 2010

Design Wall Monday June 21


I had my sashed log cabins up this morning, but decided to take them down and work on the new shirt quilt. I ended up with 4.5 inch squares alternating with 2.5 inch four patches. So far I am throwing them up in diagonal rows, but now that I look at the picture, the dark teal stands out a lot so I will either spread them out or throw in something else for balance.
Anna and Ryan are both at camp and Sydney is on a play date, so it is VERY quiet around here. Kurt is going on a short business trip tonight, so the quiet will continue for a while. Very strange indeed. I'd better use the opportunity to get some sewing done while I have the opportunity.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oooo...EXCITEMENT all around! First, the new design wall play, and second ALLLLL the sewing time you have to yourself.

Okay, I'm off then too!

Alycia said...

I really like your log cabin blocks. Very pretty!