Saturday, May 1, 2010

Not Quite a Quilt Marathon



Amy is having a quilt marathon today. I'm not sure what I'm getting accomplished quite deserves the title of marathon, but I'm trying to get in a little bit of machine time between the normal Saturday chores. I've folded five loads of laundry so far, swept the floor, ironed 10 yards of fabric, unloaded the dishwasher, trimmed and folded the fabric to be put away, taken the kids to a movie, sewn together two more quadrant of spinning stars, supervised swimming, set up play dates, sewn a bit of flannel together to practice sewing pantographs and mended a torn pair of shorts. Not quite a quilting marathon, but it is a typical Saturday around here. I'm going now to load the flannel "quilt" onto the frame and try my first ever pantograph.

Sunday is going to be devoted to school, so whatever sewing I'm going to get done this weekend needs to be done now. Tomorrow I need to work on writing final exams. Makes you wish you were me, doesn't it?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Well, I'm breathless reading all you've done today, so you've DEFINITELY completed some form of a marathon today! ;0)

Can't wait to see the results of your pantograph attempt---I'm willing to bet you'll love it!

Andee said...

My hat is off to you teachers! I have been there and know that the better teacher you are the more work you seem to have! Here's to summer coming soon and lots more quilting time!