Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Quilt


I have an invitation to a baby shower. I think it is next weekend although the card is at school. I think the colors are brown and teal, it is going to be a boy. The girls and I went out this morning to see The Frog Princess and stopped by the fabric store on the way home. I had been thinking about doing a simple nine patch on point with some prairie points around the edges. After seing Amy's post this morning I might have switched to a pineapple blossom instead. I never get tired of doing that pattern even though I don't usually do the same pattern more than once. The colors are all a little matchy matchy for me, but It is a gift after all, and they might not share my love of all things scrappy.
Between movies and shopping trips I got the last two sections of sock monkeys basted and am just about done with the quilting. I should be able to get that bound tomorrow and then start cutting up the brown and teal.

3 comments:

Tamara Lund D.C. said...

I love the fabric choices. I think I have a blue and brown quilt in my future.

Amy said...

I LOVE browns-n-teals!!!! 9-patches would be great with prairie points. Having 3 lights and 3 darks would make them nice-n-easy :0) If you did Pineapples, would you use white or the lights as the pineapple squares?
As always, looking forward to seeing your choice. Next weekend, huh? This will need to be a FAST turnaround....I'm guessing today (Sunday) is reserved for a full day of sewing!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors. Can't wait to see the finished product.