Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dresden Stripes

I peeled the first 15 feet off of the Dresden plates strip and pieced together this stripy lap quilt. Kurt declared it "rather subdued" compared to my recent creations and said he actually liked this one. I guess you can follow the logic about what he thinks of my recent lap quilts. Maybe I'll do something decorative with the quilting. If I keep using the same basic pattern, I should be able make about 3 or 4 more of these, maybe I'll switch up the colors a little on the others.
Today was a Daisy Day for Sydney and she decided that she needed me to be there with her, so we all sat through another meeting this afternoon. It's not my turn for chess club chaperoning tomorrow, so I might make it through a few days in a row without a meeting to which I have to drag unwilling children.
It is still cold here, but I put on lots of layers and got in 5 miles with my running partner Tom tonight. I have a half marathon on the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend, so I should start to think about that. Hopefully it will stay cold for a while, the last three years have been unseasonably warm. It's much easier to run a marathon in the cold than in the heat.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

The lap quilt looks good now it's finished. Isn't it a great feeling to get a quilt for 'free' like that. good luck in the marathon.

Rhonda said...

Great colors!!