Saturday, December 15, 2007

Winter Wonderland


It's not begining to look at all like Christmas at my house. Not having grown up in Florida, I still find it hard to spread Christmas cheer when its 75 and sunny! I know I am narrow minded, but I think Christmas lights look silly on palm trees. The ice cream truck came around this afternoon, and we all sat in the driveway trying to eat before it melted away. The children have persuaded us that they are deprived by lack of snow. The older two have at least seen snow, but the little one reminds us often that she was in my tummy when we were in the snow, so she missed it! We are working on a post Christmas trip to find winter fun.

I am making slow but steady progress on the Carolina Quilt. I have assembled the sub-cuts and have them ready to sew together. I must admit that I am not as motivated to finish the second set of nine patches as I was the first. I will persevere however, as I love Bonnie's quilt designs and can't wait to see how this one turns out. I've made several Quiltville quilts already and they have all turned out wonderfully. I'm sure this one will to.

No comments: